youtube video download not working

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:32:31 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 04:08 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 05:55:21 AM Hormatzhan Yiltiz wrote:
>
>  > I suppose the Youtube policy for downloading has something to do
>
>  > with individual's location and IP addresses. 'Cuz I believe you when you
>
>  > tell me your downloadhelper and youtube-dl is working just fine and I
> know
>
>  > mine are not working, just like many out there.

I gave up on youtube-dl some time ago. I use this with complete
satisfaction every time, (unless the video is blocked!) in my Firefox
browser:
http://www.downloadhelper.net/
Give that a whirl. Again, some videos are blocked from being dnloaded
and you would have to figure out where it is being cached on your
machine in order to grab it, or just pieces of it. Been there, done
that. The above just works WHEN IT CAN. Some sites are jerks about what
they will "ALLOW" you to grab. You can vote with your feet and avoid them.

Funny thing, several sites like PBS and TED used to be like that. I
fired off some emails about the poor and disadvantaged (who they profess
a belief of being all about, and they revised their polices. TED has
download links now, to help folks out, You just have to let them know
you're irritated.  Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html