Project Planning Software

Matthew Sturdy matt.sturdy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:41:43 UTC 2013

On 20 February 2013 23:42, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are carrying out PCI-DSS project for our organization and i am
> presently using ubuntu 11.10 desktop. Are there open source project
> planning software available in Ubuntu?
> Please suggest.

Hi there,

If you're after something fairly straightforward, albeit not specific to
PCI-DSS;  OpenProj [1] runs well on most recent Ubuntu installs that I've
tried it on, and it'll do all the Gantt charts that you may need.

It also opens the Gantt charts (.mpp files) from the Microsoft Project
programs as well, should you wish to do that.

Hope that helps!

Matt

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/openproj/