Project Planning Software

William Scott Lockwood III vladinator at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:12:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 21 February 2013 11:39:53 William Scott Lockwood III did opine:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Sabniveesu Shashank <
> >
> > shashank16392 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks for the reply Colin Law but I don't understand why a Software
> > > Development organization needs PCI (as being discussed by both the
> > > persons involved in this conversation). Can anyone in this
> > > conversation explain?
> >
> > And the answer is, "Anyone who takes credit cards as a form of payment."
>
> Oh come on folks, PCI is a bus/socket standard for mother boards and
> pluggin cards that fit them, whereas the link being bandied about as if the
> Gospel according to Luke or whatever, hasn't a thing in common, or to do
> with the OP's question.
>
> So stop trying to be so damned smart at confusing a newbie who asked the
> question because he actually wanted to know what it was.  Credit card
> processing data security has zero connection to his question.
>
> For a link, somewhat emasculated because the actual standard is a
> commercially published, for lots of money, paper, a copy of which is likely
> only interesting to motherboard and compatible card makers, see
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conventional_PCI>
>
> Cheers, Gene

Wrong answer is wrong. Go back and re-read the thread, only this time, read
for context. He wasn't asking about the bus standard. He was asking about
the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Thanks for being a huge
jerk though.

--
W. Scott Lockwood III
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:  soap, ballot,