Word Perfect

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:50:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 04:00 PM, Ric Moore wrote:

>>> I'm not sure why I would need to try that… :P
>>

>> I've always wanted to try WordStar with the cp/m emulator, which would be
>> a hoot. :) Ric
>>

> You could run WordStar under DosBox. As far as I remember, the DOS and CPM
> versions
> were the same user interface.  Don't know where you'll find WS software
> anymore. . . .
>
> --doug

Free download widely available whereas WP5.1 is not. Trouble is both
can have problems with printers and such. I still think WS was the
better of the two and the keybindings the most efficient as writers
like to tell me. Nice that emacs has WS keybindings so i'm keen to use
emacs now (still a monster of an app though).

james