Connecting to public wifi hotspots

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:46:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:

> JD wrote:
> > But that does not appear to be the issue,
>
> Okay, so let's move on to the next bit. When you ask the DNS server
> for the IP address of the domain of your home page (google.com?) what
> does it say?
>
> When you try to request your page from that IP address, what's the
> status header? Is there a redirect?
>
> Basically, what I would do in your position is go through each step
> Firefox is going through and see at which point it fails.
>

> --
> Avi

1.  I already posted the the browser's message - to the effect
"Server not found"

2.  And how would I go about taking all the steps (which are internal
to the design of firefox and the libraries it interfaces with)?

What are asking is something I challange anyone to accomplish
without having a source code debugger with with step function.