gnu javamail JAR

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:18:17 UTC 2013

I'm interested in using the GNU javamail JAR, which has some
dependencies, not just for building but to use it:

"You also need the current versions of GNU JAF and GNU inetlib to build
it."

http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/javamail/

I'm not totally sure what GNU JAF and GNU inetlib builds as JAR's, but I
see:

"libgnujaf-java
    free implementation of the javabeans activation framework

libgnuinet-java
    extension library to provide extra network protocol support"

http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/quantal/libgnumail-java

So are these the JAR's mentioned on the GNU javamail website?  Rather
than build them (kinda strange way to compile Java, usually build-files
are ant or similar) I'd rather just download the JAR's.  For whatever
reason, GNU doesn't distribute JAR's (?).

see also:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14915771/

-Thufir