scanner not detected

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:43:01 UTC 2013

On 02/16/2013 05:47 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 16/02/13 19:32, Ric Moore wrote:

>>> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
>>
>> If the OP installed the HP utils, it should work. Just as it does with
>> HP All-In-One printers that scan. Never had a problem scanning. Ric
> The only thing to watch out for here - if my memory serves me correctly
> - is the sequence of when to actually connect the scanner to the USB
> port: is it AFTER installing the HP utils or BEFORE the utils? I think
> that the utils go in first and then you connect the scanner to the USB
> port.

I think I recall the printer/scanner had to be connected at boot time. I
dunno... but I did have to have all the HP packages I could find
installed. Then it was painless to use.

I'm jerked at HP as I spent a small fortune in ink and one day it just
started printing garbage. I had barely a year of use out of it. After
raising hell with HP, they had the Director of Tech Support tell me that
I should have bought a more expensive printer if I expected it to last
more than a year.

It's not often I am struck speechless. That day my mouth was stuck at
wide open, and drooling, until I started to attract flies. I will never
again buy anything from HP. Never ever. So, to get even, I found a big
ole Lexmark B/W laser printer used, for $50, with a 250 sheet paper tray
feeder/drawer like they use in doctor's offices. Perfect. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html