LibreOffice3 Impress crashing?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 12 12:43:13 UTC 2013

On 12/02/13 23:11, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 22:37 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> The command in the applications launch menu to run Impress is
>> 'libreoffice4.0 --impress %U'
> Weelll - it's "libreoffice" on my system, as installed. But that's not
> important right now.
>
>> The other thing: what occurs if you create a new user and run Impress?
> Progress! Good call. Opened by another user, set up for the purpose,
> LibreOffice Impress does not crash. Not on a new file, not on an
> existing file. Odd that the crash still happened on a fresh install
> though.
>
> So - how to clear the problem and put my own user back to a clean slate?
> I tried renaming ~/.config/libreoffice to a different name; impress
> created a new one and the crash still happens.

"The impossible can be done in a day but miracles will take a bit longer."

Re-installing a program is often one way of overcoming a problem but in
this case if Impress is working for a new user then it may not be the
answer.

Any differences in permissions, group membership?

One of the nice things about using mc (Midnight Commander) is that it
has the facility to do a directory-directory or file-file compare and
highlight differences.

If a visual comparison of the folders created for the 'new user' against
those for the 'old user' doesn't readily show up any difference(s) then
perhaps the use of mc would?

(Just another comment. Even though you mention that the way impress is
launched is "not important right now", what actually happens if the
command as I described it is used (ie, with %U)?)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.7.6-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor