LibreOffice3 Impress crashing?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 12 11:37:09 UTC 2013

On 12/02/13 17:26, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 17:01 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> I would have thought that starting LO from a command line in a terminal
>> would show the reason why LO won't run. (Sounds like it cannot find some
>> needed file.)
> When started from the command line as libreoffice there is no output at
> all. After the crash, the prompt returns. That's it. When started as
> soffice.bin (libreoffice is a script that wraps soffice.bin) it
> terminates with "Segmentation fault (core dumped). Either way there is a
> core dump - about 12meg of one. Actually it's a crash report. Remember
> the crash happens only when I select a view other than "normal".
[pruned]

As I mentioned earlier I am running LO 4.0.0.3 - but this should not
matter as the command to run LO has been the same for many a year.

The command in the applications launch menu to run Impress is
'libreoffice4.0 --impress %U'  - and LO4.0 is installed in
/opt/libreoffice4.0 (but your installation may be different).

The other thing: what occurs if you create a new user and run Impress?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.7.6-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor