LO4 in repos?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:18:52 UTC 2013

On 02/11/2013 05:42 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 11 February 2013 19:18, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Kinda like my Fedora days ...if you install something from the third party
>> repos, and it breaks, you get to keep both pieces. For me, just enabling a
>> PPA is a walk on the wild side. So, on the LO site, they have a .deb package
>> but it doesn't state explicitly that it is an Ubuntu 12.10 .deb file. Or,
>> Debian Squeeze.
>
> It's both, and other Debian-derivatives.

Oh, they're ALL the same? Even across dist versions amongst them all?
That sounds sorta kinda dangerous to assume.

> Installation instructions are in the README. Read it. I didn't and
> missed a step, but it is dead easy. If you're scared of typing
> commands, you can copy & paste them.

I KNOW how to type commands. What scares the willies out of me is to do
so and to press return... from many years of bystanders shouting "PUSH
THE RED BUTTON!" So, I push it and wind up with Kibbles and Bits. That's
another reason I keep personal stuff on a separate partition. I blow it
up enough, while dinking around, all by myself! <cackles> Ric

p/s In prison, when someone says "Trust me!", it really means "Thank you
for letting me bend you over". <smirks>

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html