LO4 in repos?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:18:49 UTC 2013

On 02/11/2013 08:13 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 12/02/13 00:02, Avi Greenbury wrote:
>> Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> Why?
>>>
>>> Doesn't *buntu use deb packages?
>> I'm not sure what your 'why' was for,
>
> Don't understand why you are so unsure why I asked the question.
>
> Is there some convoluted way which is used in Ubuntu to install an
> application like LibreOffice directly available from the LibreOffice site?
>
> Or as me ol' mate Ric would say, "One has to wave a chicken foot while
> hopping around the room on one leg" before one is able to do what is
> normally a very simple install of the files downloaded from LO?
>
> I just wanted Ric to tell me that.

Kinda like my Fedora days ...if you install something from the third
party repos, and it breaks, you get to keep both pieces. For me, just
enabling a PPA is a walk on the wild side. So, on the LO site, they have
a .deb package but it doesn't state explicitly that it is an Ubuntu
12.10 .deb file. Or, Debian Squeeze.

There is always room for Jello, but there could be wide disparity
amongst all the possible variations a .deb file can be applied to. I
have hit the wrong Red Button before, so I am healthily skittish. Same
reason I keep cab-fare in my shoe ...I've been screwed over before. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html