LO4 in repos?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:46:26 UTC 2013

On 11 February 2013 14:34, Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> Does one get Unity integration if LO is installed manually?
>>

> If you download the package from LibreOffice you forego all the
> Ubuntu-specific patches, which includes the Unity integration.

I thought this was built-in to LO4? It doesn't use the single menu
bar, which is a good thing, because the Ubuntu menu bar integration
[a] drops the "window" menu, which was rather important and [b] cannot
be used by the keyboard shortcuts, which for me renders the apps
*completely* useless - that is how I work them.

However, you get a launcher icon with a context menu, it matches the
look and feel and so on.

Couldn't tell you if it uses the HUD or not - I avoid that abomination, myself.

> You also lose the auto-update unless you use some LO PPA or
> repository of some sort.

This for me is *the* primary problem.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884