LO4 in repos?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 11 12:42:46 UTC 2013

On 11/02/13 22:29, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>> Yeah, inquiring minds would like to know. Ric
> +1
> Backports is good enough for me as well ;)
>
>> Go to the LibreOffice site - http://www.libreoffice.org/download  - and
>> download LO 4.0.0.3. Follow the instructions on how to install it. All done
>> in a fraction of the time taken to write to this list and waiting for an
>> answer to your question.
> Well… Depends…
>
> Sure, downloading the package from there is done in no time at all.
> However resolving the "dependency hell" when you want to deinstall
> libreoffice - this is not done in "no time at all". Not even close to.
>
> But, okay, how did you go about it? How did you resolve this
> "issue"?

Good heavens! You have "dependency hell" to contend with?!

All I do is go to the software manager and delete all the current
libreoffice files (they' be marked as something like, eg, 3.6.4.x); then
upack the Mail Installer, the Language Package archive (I use GB
English) and Help archive and install LO.

The only "tricky" bit is to alter the "launch" entry in the Menu list to
point to the correct directory/folder where the new LO is installed -
usually /opt/libreoffice<X.XX> .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.7.6-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor