LO4 in repos?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 11 12:18:04 UTC 2013

On 11/02/13 20:31, Colin Law wrote:
> On 11 February 2013 08:42, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>> Yeah, inquiring minds would like to know. Ric
>>
>> Go to the LibreOffice site - http://www.libreoffice.org/download  - and
>> download LO 4.0.0.3. Follow the instructions on how to install it. All done
>> in a fraction of the time taken to write to this list and waiting for an
>> answer to your question.
> But a waste of time if is to appear in the repo in a week or so (as it
> apparently is for 13.04) and one would prefer to wait for that.

In this instance with 13.04 about to come out as you indicate
downloading and installing 4.0.0.3 from LibreOffice.org may be worth the
wait - provided it IS the latest 4.0.0.3 which will come with 13.04.

However, once 13.04 is released and you want to keep up with the latest
LO then downloading it from LO site and installing it yourself is far
better than waiting for any upgrades coming thru normal channels for the
distro.

> Also should one uninstall the Ubuntu one first?

As the installation instructions state, it is necessary to remove the LO
which comes with the distro - or at least this is for me using RPMs but
I don't know what the story is for deb packages. Have a read of the
installation instructions given on the LO site.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.7.6-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor