automounting raid array drops to initramfs not boot drive

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 10 10:10:51 UTC 2013

>________________________________

I copied my backup copy of mdadm.conf to /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
ran sudo update-initramfs -u -vv -k all
rebooted
I got dropped back to the initramfs prompt again
so I typed mdadm /dev/md0
I got told the raid array was recovering
i type exit
I get "the disk drive for" * "is not ready yet or not present" message

I press S and has to manually mount the raid array :(