Unable to move message to Sent folder

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Fri Feb 8 11:10:58 UTC 2013

JD wrote:
> $ pwd
> /home/jd/.thunderbird/Profiles/zvdfhtln/Mail/pop.gmail.com
> $ ls -l Sent
> -rw------- 1 jd jd 4275149616 Feb 5 15:56 Sent

Personally, I'd be more concerned about a single 4GB text file storing
all my precious sent data than anything else here; have you particular
opposition to using MailDir here? I'm pretty sure TB can be coerced
into it but for some reason would rather not have to...

> So, Thunderbird  (17.0.2) is still broken and limited to file size of 4GB.
> Long time ago, I  had opened a Mozilla/Thunderbird bug against this
> limitation, which Thunderbird devs have closed as fixed.
> Obviously it is not.

Could you send us a link to the bug? Is it the case that it is fixed
upstream (in the Thunderbird you'd get from Mozilla) but the fix
hasn't made its way down to the Ubuntu distribution of it yet? If you
install thunderbird straight from Mozilla does it do the same thing?

--
Avi