Unable to "Remove" firefox add-ons

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 5 10:15:31 UTC 2013

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 05.02.2013, 00:00 -0700 schrieb JD:
> Hi All,
> On Firefox 18.01
>
> How can I Remove (not just disable - but totally remove)
> these add-ons - as they do not provide the Remove option
> like other well behaved add-ons. They simply came with
> the installation (apt-get) of firefox, and very likely with
> subsequent updates.
they are packaged add-ons coming with the ubuntu default install, you
need to uninstall the packages.

> Global Menu Bar Integration
remove firefox-globalmenu

> Ubuntu Firefox Modifications
remove xul-ext-ubufox

> Unity Desktop Integration
remove firefox-gnome-support

> Unity Websites Integration
remove unity-webapps-common/unity-webapps-service

(note that removing the latter will break all webapps you might use in
your desktop (if any))

ciao
	oli