how to have fixed font for gnome-terminal?

Art Slurry info at artslurry.com
Tue Feb 5 00:57:44 UTC 2013

On 02/04/2013 07:38 PM, Rajeev Prasad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used to have "fixed font size 10" for gnome-terminal in ubuntu 10.10, but now I have 1204 and I have no clue how I installed that font.
>
> I looked around on web, but too confusing....
>
> I installed following thinking it will help, but those fonts never appear in list to choose from in gnome-terminal....
>
> apt-get install xfonts-traditional
>
> pl advice. I want "fixed size 10"
>
> ty.
> Rajeev

hi rajeev, you likely already have some mono fonts installed, if not you
can try:

in gnome-terminal, click the edit menu, then profile preferences... on
the general tab you can change the font... i think the default is
monospace 12...

you can change the font there... if you don't see any you like, you can
try these fixed size fonts:

sudo apt-get install ttf-droid
sudo apt-get install ttf-dejavu
sudo apt-get install ttf-liberation