Unity hiding open LibreOffice files

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:37:48 UTC 2013

Op 3 feb. 2013 08:30 schreef "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> het
volgende:

> A small office that just converted to Ubuntu is having problems with
> opening / finding open LibreOffice documents in Unity. The issue seems
> to be that if any arbitrary document is already open > in LibreOffice, on
any desktop, then clicking on the > file in the file manager does
> nothing. The file is not opened in another instance. > The running
instance is not brought to the
> forefront. No error, warning, or notice....

Hello Dotan,
unfortunately I cannot solve your core issue.
But a quick workaround for now could be to kill all LibreOffice processes
before opening a new document.

In fact your client is not able to multitask with LibreOffice; he could try
to solve this issue by Uninstalling, and then reinstalling it via a
graphical package manager.
If this does not work, I would advise him to backup all the data and carry
out a fresh install of the OS.

Respectfully Yours,
Bas.