home automation

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:17:27 UTC 2013

On 2 February 2013 16:45, Jared Greenwald <greenwaldjared at gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize this is not strictly a "tech support" question, but I didn't see
> any other appropriate list for this, so please don't flame me...
>
> I'm looking to get into home automation and I was wondering if there were
> any on the list that could point me to any good resources that are out there
> relating to Ubuntu.  My goals were to accomplish the following:

I am using 1-wire stuff for monitoring very successfully using
owserver (owfs) but I am not doing any control yet. Google for
1-wire home automation
to get lots of links.  There is an excellent owfs mailing list

I am using a Sheeva Plug as the server but it is now working on the
Raspberry Pi.  It works fine with a regular server of course.

Colin