RE: Sessions – what am I missing?

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Sat Dec 28 21:49:41 UTC 2013

>So the answer to my question is that the session thing that

>worked so great in earlier Ubuntu versions now is removed?

I don’t know if its related, but in 12.04 I rely on .session files to open vnc desktops with vnc4server.

For 12.04, I think the .session files are located in:   /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/

However in the last release of Ubuntu, the only .session files I could find no longer work with vnc4server. I think this is because there is no 2D desktop choice now.

When you used sessions, did you have to specify a session by name?