Help: I can't get my trackpad to deactivate while i am typing (Doug) and (Paul Cartwright)

nikolaigauntiet at estelacm.sld.cu nikolaigauntiet at estelacm.sld.cu
Wed Dec 25 17:39:36 UTC 2013

Hi Doug, I don't have access to internet at my school and internet is
really expensive here on the island.  That's why i joined the ubuntu-users
mailing list because i can't go to ubuntu forums and ask questions or do
research on the problems I encounter.  I can't receive any attachments and
can't check any links someone post because on my campus we only have
access to email thats on an intranet system and not internet.

Paul is it possible for you to do a copy and paste of the contents of that
link you sent because I am not allowed to access it when I click on the
link.  Thanks in advance.  Trust me I wish i had internet access and could
google, I would have solved my bluetooth issue and found out a way to
disable the trackpad while I am typing.

On 12/24/2013 12:26 PM, nikolaigauntiet at estelacm.sld.cu wrote:
> Hi i ubuntu 13.04 installed and my computer is a lenovo ideapad s400,
> while I type my trackpad is suppose to be disabled but instead it never is
> and when i accidentally touch it, it ends up moving the cursor and causing
> me to having many typing errors.  How can i have the trackpad disabled
> automatically while I am typing?

Don't you use Google? Try:

Linux: disable trackpad while typing

--doug