2.1 speaker's

Sanpreet Singh sany26.com at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 09:14:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 5:30 AM, William Biggs <williambiggs31 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 13.10 installed I using logtech 2.1 speaker’s  . But the sub is dose
> not have any base . When I look at the sound setting the sub setting are
> greyed out . How do I get it to enable

Run this command

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec* | grep Codec: First you must find which
model of sound card you use

/usr/share/doc/alsa-base/driver/HD-Audio-Models.txt.gz: You should
open a file in ALSA documentation. This file is here:

/usr/share/doc/alsa-base/driver/ALSA-Configuration.txt.gz: If the
Above File Doesnot exists

Search for your model,

1.) sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

2.) sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

3.)options snd-hda-intel model=MODEL (Then paste the following line at
the end of the file (change MODEL with the type of sound card's model,
in our example it should be "acer" (without quotation marks)):

4.)sudo alsa force-reload

Try out this and Let me know whether the Problem is Solved or not

with Regards
--
Sanpreet Singh
http://sanpreetsing100.blogspot.in/