Adding SteamOS to the Ubuntu Logon

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 02:39:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I once installed Valve 's Steam on Ubuntu as an app.
>
> Now, after a recent update, I get the full SteamOS - i.e.: When I want to
> exit the App, It gives me the options I'd usually get when rebooting a
> machine - Sleep, Reboot and Shutdown...
>
> All I want is to exit and go back to my Ubuntu Desktop (Unity)
>
> Is there a way i can install it as an option on the Greeter? Similar to the
> other options like Unity 2D, Unity etc.?

What update?  I have Steam installed and have received no such update
that makes the Steam APP behave the way you describe.

If you are saying that you downloaded the Steam OS zip file, unzipped
and installed SteamOS, then I'm going to guess you missed the warnings
that said it would overwrite the hard drive and install SteamOS as the
only OS on the machine...

If you're simply running the Steam app and using Big Picture, then
"Return To Desktop" is one of the options when you click the Exit
menu.