Partition Resizing Plan

Barry Premeaux bpremeaux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 15:29:52 UTC 2013

>Personally I don't keep old ones around at all.

>If you are really paranoid, 1 is enough.

This is true.  Once a kernel update has proven stable, there isn't
really any need to keep the old ones around.  I just need to learn to
do a better job of cleaning up in this area.

>I have seen this command suggested as a way to get rid of all old kernels

>sudo apt-get remove --purge $(dpkg -l 'linux-*' | sed

>but have never had the courage to try it.  This answer on askubuntu
>[1] suggests some other ways to clean them up.

I read through the same article, but didn't care for the possible oops
factor.  I am more comfortable with picking each kernel I want to
remove, even if it is a little more time consuming.