Regarding mailman 2.1.6 RC 2 and bugs.

Jonathan jonathancandler_msa at q.com
Tue Dec 10 02:19:01 UTC 2013

Hi all. so I have mailman 2.1.16 RC 2 installed on my ubuntu server and
everything was working fine until I tested the subscription requests for
subscribing to my mailing list on my server and It said the following:
"Bug in Mailman version 2.1.16rc2
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited,
but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs. "
I'm not really sure how to fix this bug and another thing. how would I
update to the 2.1 stable versions of mailman? it doesn't show it in the
repositories and it doesn't show up when I do "dpkg-reconfigure mailman.
so what should I do in this situation? I don't want to have to download
the .tar file and have to redo all my configurations again. and by the
way, I have installed mailman with the following command: "apt-get
install mailman" and it gave me mailman 2.1.16 RC 2. If anyone can help
out with this I would be very grateful. thanks all so much.