old fetchmail

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Aug 31 00:36:51 UTC 2013

On Friday 30 August 2013 20:35:07 Thomas Kaiser did opine:

> On 08/30/2013 06:17 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > What we have is old and I am told its attackable, fetchmail itself is
> > up to 6.3.24.
> >
> > The fetchmail users list at berlioz is a black hole, I subscribed, and
> > have received 2 messages from the list in 30 days, one I posted on
> > Aug 1, and the one I just posted an hour ago.
> >
> > So where does one go about asking for support for fetchmail these
> > days?
> >
> > Cheers, Gene.
>
> Hello Gene
>
> fetchmail is old as you said. Why not using getmail "apt-cache show
> getmail4".
>
> Thomas

And this is well supported?  Sounds like a workalike at least.  I'll do
some studying on it, thanks Thomas.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to
examine the laws of heat.
		-- Christopher Morley
         law-abiding citizens.