old fetchmail

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Fri Aug 30 21:50:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 22:39 +0200, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> On 08/30/2013 06:17 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > What we have is old and I am told its attackable, fetchmail itself is up to
> > 6.3.24.
> >
> > The fetchmail users list at berlioz is a black hole, I subscribed, and have
> > received 2 messages from the list in 30 days, one I posted on Aug 1, and
> > the one I just posted an hour ago.
> >
> > So where does one go about asking for support for fetchmail these days?
> >
> > Cheers, Gene.
> >
> Hello Gene
>
> fetchmail is old as you said. Why not using getmail "apt-cache show
> getmail4".
>
> Thomas

So, is there, as Gene suggests, any danger in using fetchmail? I've been
running it as cron jobs on my server for years. I couldn't care less if
it's old or not, it works, but if there's a danger I'll look into using
something else.

Can getmail4 be installed on the same computer at the same time as
fetchmail, for evaluation then moving my jobs over one at a time?

Dave