Flash Issues on old 32 bit pc

Pete Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 18:32:55 UTC 2013

On 29 August 2013 19:14, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 29 August 2013 18:55, Pete Smout <smoutpete at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nice idea, still no youtube.com !!
>>
>> I am out of ideas now..... dunno where to go from here?
>
> Some other things to try, first disable any other addons (not plugins)
> in FF (under Tools > add-ons > Extensions), restart FF and see what
> happens.  If still no joy make a new user and login as that user and
> see if the problem is still there.  That will tell you whether it is a
> system wide problem or a user settings problem.
>
> Colin

Hi,
Tried disabling all addons except Ubuntu firefox modifications, same
result (more adds) but same black box!

New test user is exactly the same, has left me thinking video probs
maybe graphics card related?

Using Nvidia 173.14.35 driver on here, which nvidia settings says: The
NVIDIA X driver on steve-desktop-3:1.0 is not new enough to support
the nvidia-settings Display Configuration page. ??

Does this mean the driver has been replaced by a newer version??

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Peter S