disk not mounted message

Catalin Soare lolinux.soare at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 17:00:59 UTC 2013

On Aug 29, 2013 6:14 PM, "Colin Law" <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 29 August 2013 14:35, thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:57:57 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Do you mean that it asks the question but does not wait for a reply? If
> >> possible it is important to know which mount is causing the problem.
> >>
> >> Colin
> >

> > Yes, it asked which I wanted to do, S for skip or M for Mount (I think),
> > but then it kept booting and resolved on its own accord.  So I don't
know
> > what it was referring to, nor why.  Don't know which mount is causing
the
> > problem -- exactly.  I looked in dmesg, but nothing jumped out at me.
>
> Then it does not look like the problem in the link you supplied.  Can
> you post /etc/fstab?
>
> Colin
>

> > -Thufir
> >

> > --

Hello Thufir,

This was a good idea, you can check what entries you have in the fstab
file, and compare with the output of the mount command to see what is
missing. However, if you do not notice anything missing, I would bet it is
something removable in some form or another. I, for example have a "backup"
hard drive which I install in my computer only when I need it.
I did create an entry in fstab for it, but comment it out. I uncomment it
when I plan to use it, otherwise the prompt you mentioned appears at boot
time.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

--