Flash Issues on old 32 bit pc

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 29 14:39:19 UTC 2013

On 30/08/13 00:18, Basil Chupin wrote:

> On 29/08/13 23:32, Peter Smout wrote:

[pruned]

>> Basil C, In answer to your questions it is a fresh install, so no left
>> over configs, browser is default (no added addons or anything yet...).
>> Your 3rd question has left me slightly stumped, how do I check this?
>
> Install mc (Midnight Commander) - the Swiss Knife of file managers.
>
> In the console, on a command line run 'mc'; click on the 'Command'
> option at the very top left and then click on 'Find File' - a menu
> will drop down. Untick/tick the options which you see as per what is
> shown here:
>
> http://susepaste.org/31607637
>
> Select the starting point for the search - use / - and type in the
> name of the file you are looking for on the 'File Name' line; press OK
> and 'mc' will go away and look in all your connected/active devices
> for that file.

CORRECTION to the screenshot of the search facility in 'mc'.

UNTICK the option to 'Search for content'. You are searchng for a file
and not something in a file. I was searching for some text in a file
some days ago and forgot to deselect this option - so, untick it.

[pruned]

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.0 & kernel 3.10.9-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor