Flash Issues on old 32 bit pc

Pete Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 18:39:08 UTC 2013

On 28 August 2013 18:58, Pete Smout <smoutpete at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 August 2013 18:40, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 28 August 2013 18:33, Pete Smout <smoutpete at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Interestingly chromium-browser is not working either the message given
>>> at youtube.com is 'Cannot load plugin Shockwave Flash'. I was under
>>> the impression that Chromium used a later flash plugin that it pulled
>>> in itself
>>
>> No. *Chrome* has an integral Flash player. Chromium does not.
>>

>> --
>> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
>> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
>> MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
>> Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884
>>
>> --
>
> Hi,
> Thanks for the info, I am personally trying that out, but before i
> have tried it I can't recommend it!
>
> I think I may just give up and get flash the only way I ever have,
> straight from Adobe, I understand that makes *me* responsible for
> keeping it up to date, but what option is there if the *right* way
> does not work.
>
> I hope that this experience is not the norm, as if I was a new user i
> would go back to xp! I know someone out there will go oh thats easy
> you just......... but I'm stumped cant even find the shockwave plugin
> to remove it to see if it is conflicting even when disabled!
>
> Might try chrome (not chromium) first though....
>
> Pete Smout

Right now I am proper confused....
Google Chrome dl'd straight from them (they at least provide a .deb of
their latest n greatest) still wants to use shockwave flash plugin not
adobe's as i thought one out of chrome or chromium did!

I still cant find shockwave / gnash / swf to remove it, unable to use
vlc or totem as the plugin (when enabled in firefox) is youtube et al
unusable for us linuxers now?

Sorry just confused now???

Pete Smout