disk not mounted message

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 17:49:09 UTC 2013

On 12.04LTS boot, I got a strange message the disc (hard drive???) wasn't
mounted.  Press S to skip or M to mount manually, something like that.

dmesg:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6037442/

everything in dmesg looks ok to me, I looked for "mount", "disc" and
"disk" (durn french people with their odd spellinks).

I think this is the problem:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/120/

It went by so quickly, I don't really care whether that comes up all the
time or never again.  I'm only concerned in so far as it relates to
hardware.  It doesn't seem to indicate a disc problem, does it?

thanks,

Thufir