Requirement of RAM for dual installation of Window 7 64 bit and Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Wed Aug 28 07:00:50 UTC 2013

On 08/28/2013 01:46 AM, Norah Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit was not shown at boot time when installed with Window 7 64 bit but Ubuntu 13.04 32 bit has no problem. Is there any memory problem ?
>
> Thanks,
> Norah Jones

I didn't see the original post, so I don't know what ram you might have
mentioned, but Win 7 will run, even if slowly, in 1GB. So will Ubuntu.
You really want at least 2--4 is lots better. Ram is so cheap, install
8GB and then don't worry about it anymore, unless you're a *big* gamer.
Then you'll have to worry about the video card, also.

Are you THE Norah Jones?

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley