Probably stupid question, but

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 20:22:56 UTC 2013

On 27 August 2013 21:05, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> Provided they did the sudo when they ran it.

*Sigh*

No.

If I meant that, I'd have said that. Do you seriously think that
Canonical would make users run a graphical tool, part of the system's
main UI, from the terminal with `sudo`? Don't be ridiculous. Of
*COURSE* not.

Do you think this stuff through before you write it? Do you take the
time to think "hey, that sounds useful" and go check it, or even to
just try it?

> Gram flour, can't say as I've heard of that.

It's Indian. Ground chick peas.

> Probably a good link.  But I haven't folded a T-shirt in 20 years unless I
> was going to wear it to work.

Doesn't matter. The point that you have heroically avoided seeing is
that even if you think you know how to do something, unless you are a
world-master and expert in it, someone else probably knows how to do
it better than you. And now, 2 decades into 21st century, there are
more people on the WWW than were alive in the world when you were
born. So that person who knows better is probably online and has
written or recorded or filmed a lesson in how to do it, and you can
watch it online for free.

Deciding that you know better is not only arrogant, it is also very foolish.

Even if it's as simple as folding clothes, or tying your shoelaces.

http://www.ted.com/talks/terry_moore_how_to_tie_your_shoes.html

3min talk. Important. Watch it. Learn. It is not about tying shoes; it
is about learning, being flexible, being open to new ideas.

Illustrated by a lesson about tying shoelaces.

Taught by someone who learned how to tie their shoes the /right/ way
in their 50s.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884