Probably stupid question, but

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 00:49:02 UTC 2013

On 08/24/2013 05:45 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 24 August 2013 17:37:04 Ali Linx (amjjawad) did opine:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
>>> So, what is the procedure to install 9.5.5 flash player now?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Gene
>>
>> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xubuntu-restricted-extras
>>
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats
>
> Went out to do it, crashed.  Cannot reliably get the grub boot screen so I
> can run memtest.
>
> I thought the key to get the grub choice screen was esc or left shift but
> neither seems reliable, once in 20 reboot attempts or less.  I have removed
> the quiet and splash from the /boot/grub/grub.cfg, but that seems to only
> get me a black screen that turns off the monitor until it shows the login
> prompt.

Gene, I'd just try re-installing it using the Live session. It seems
others have had the same problem (and networking problems) going
straight to install. And just let it pick it's own disk partition
scheme, just go straight stock ~without customizing anything~.

Don't push any red buttons, as red is not a good color to push. You and
I are much alike (dinosaurs) and we like to push the buttons. <cackles> Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /