Resize boot partition

Sarunas Burdulis sarunas at math.dartmouth.edu
Fri Aug 23 14:41:53 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 10:32 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> Ubuntu 13.04 (Gnome) is telling me that my /boot partition on
> (/dev/sda1) is 96% full.
>
> Is the best option to boot from Knoppix & resize the partition or is it
> safe to delete all the old kernels to free up the space? If I can safely
> delete the kernels, what's the best way to go about it?

You can list kernels installed by, for example:

# dpkg -l linux-image\* | grep ^i

Then `apt-get remove` them one-by-one or use wildcards, but, in the
latter case, check 'The following packages will be REMOVED' list
carefully before accepting 'Do you want to continue [Y/n]'!!!

--
Sarunas Burdulis
Systems Administrator