Installing xubuntu on a new WIndows-8 system

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sun Aug 18 19:04:59 UTC 2013

On 08/18/2013 10:39 AM, Tom H wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:

/snip/

>> (OT: Win 8 is confusing for Windows users too. I hope for MS's sake
>> that they switch to an all-Metro interface because the mix of old and
>> new interfaces is schizophrenic)

/snip/

There are a number of add-ons that will make Win8 look and work like Win
7 or XP. I like *Classic Shell.* Here are some reviews of some
add-ons:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57496506-292/how-to-get-the-start-menu-back-in-windows-8/

(I prefer PCLOS, but there are some things that you need Windows for.)

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley