Firefox issues

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 06:02:52 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On 18/08/13 09:02, Ric Moore wrote:
>
>> On 08/17/2013 06:34 AM, pete smout wrote:
>> (I have recently added ghostery & foxyproxy so will disable
>>
>>> them first and see what happens)
>>>
>>> Thanks for the prompt reply
>>>
>> I'd leave ghostery running. It makes firefox run MUCH quicker once it's
>> blocks the leech-like trackers. I wouldn't be without it. Ric
>>

> However, keep in mind the the COMBINATION of NoScript and Ghostery may -
> will - stop needed info being sent to your screen. I found this out the
> hard way last night.
>
> I am waiting for the delivery of a new car I ordered and went here-
>
> http://www.toyota.com.au/**aurion?WT.ac=Tab2Aurion<http://www.toyota.com.au/aurion?WT.ac=Tab2Aurion>
>
> to see the new "video" presentation of the car. However I couldn't see the
> display, but after fooling around with the Addons I found that by disabling
> NoScript and Ghostery together the "video" worked.
>
> So, if you come across a site like the one above and cannot see what you
> are supposed to see then consider disabling Ghostery (you don't have to
> reboot FF after doing this - just refresh the web page) and then NoScript
> (but with NoScript you have to actually restart FF).

I'm not certain NoScript actually needs to be disabled, does it?  You
should be able to tell NoScript "Temporarily allow all scripts this page"
or somesuch without having to fully disable the addon.

--
Chris

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the
Universe." -- Carl Sagan