Firefox issues

pete smout psmouty at live.com
Sat Aug 17 09:54:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am experiencing random freezing of Firefox on my laptop! The window
'greys out' and stops responding, whilst the rest of the GUI remains
useable. This happens at random times on no particular site, with just 1
tab open or 3 or 4 makes no difference, the only way to solve it is to
restart ff (force quit needed).

Firefox version 23.0
Ubuntu 13.04 (fully updated) (no proposed updates since mysql error)
Unity GUI

System specs:

Acer Aspire 5720 laptop

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5250  @ 1.50GHz
Frequency 1000.000 MHz
Cache 2048 KB
3021 MiB RAM
Intel graphics chip (as came with machine)

Note to try and debug this I am now running ff from terminal when I want
to use it, but as stated earlier it happens at random times (last time
when I forgot to run from terminal doh)

If anyone has any ideas, I have removed and reinstalled ff twice now,
same thing happens.

I will post any interesting output from terminal as a followup to this
message if I get any!

Regards

Peter Smout