Scanner (Canon n1240u) fails with "invalid parameter"

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 07:25:32 UTC 2013

On 08/17/2013 02:19 AM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> I just had the weirdest experience.  I scanned in a document on my
> Canon n1240u scanner and it worked fine.
>
> I tried to scan another, and now I always get "invalid parameter" and
> the scanner may as well be dead.
>
> I'm running Xubuntu Precise LTS 12.04 with the Raring kernel (3.8)
> using xsane 0.998 and I'm not even sure which sane backends.
>
> I'm hoping this rings a bell with someone.  I rebooted and the problem persists.

Once in awhile, with an HP combo I owned, that gave up the ghost as soon
as the warranty ran out, I had to open and shut the scanner lid to reset
something. Maybe the smoke had to be let out??

I promised HP support that I would complain repeatedly in public forums
about their lousy products and here's another Captain Ahab/Khan moment.
<evil grin>  Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /