Windows7 and Ubuntu12.04 together

Babak Hashemian cleverboby_bh at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 10 16:08:32 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: Windows7 and Ubuntu12.04 together

On 10 August 2013 16:25, Babak Hashemian <cleverboby_bh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Pete
>
> I tried the tool, it brought back my Win 7 option in the grub menu but it
> couldn't repair my win 7 boot problem. It is somehow strange, when I tried
> to repair my windows boot problem via a bootable windows 7 USB flash, I
> recognized I have a corrupted windows, It even told me that it would repair
> it and when I read the details, they were exactly my problem and solution
> but it said that it can not write the necessary options on my partitions. I
> suspect whether grub is preventing it from writing on it. But thank you
> anyway, I wrote down the boot-repair url. If you think there are other ways
> to repair this please inform me. Thank you.

Grub cannot stop it writing.  What is the exact error message you are getting?

If you boot into Ubuntu and run the Disk Utility (I think that is what
it is called in 12.04, but it might just be Disks) from the Dash it
will show you the SMART data.  Make sure there are no problems shown.

By the way, it is preferred that you don't top post on this list.
Insert your replies at appropriate point(s) in the previous message,
it makes it easier to follow the thread.  Thanks

Colin

Here are repair details:
"The following startup option will be repaired:
Name:{bootmgr}
Identifier:{9DEA862C-5CDD-4E70-ACC1-F32B344D4795}
The following startup options will be added:
Name:Windows 7 Professional (recovered)
Windows Device: Partition=G: (12815 MB)
A copy of the current boot configuration data will be saved as: C:\Boot\BCD.Backup.0002"

Error Message was: "Failed to save startup options."

By the way, did I replied correctly to this one ? I am new to the mail-list and I dont know the rules.