Cannot boot new base Ubuntu Server 13.04 installation on Mac Mini 6, 1

Jason Heeris jason.heeris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 09:31:00 UTC 2013

On 8 August 2013 18:10, Patrick Asselman <iceblink at seti.nl> wrote:
> On 2013-08-08 09:33, Jason Heeris wrote:
> Hmmm, according to this article
> http://regebro.wordpress.com/2008/11/16/installing-linux-on-a-macbook-without-os-x/
> Apple will only boot from a HFS+ partition. Since your Mac does not have
> one, it shows the missing boot media flashy icon thing.

I'll give this a shot, but I have reservations about the article being
from 2008. Is the situation re. BIOS compatibility, graphics, etc
still an issue?

On the other hand, so far it's not booting at all, so I'll try it and see :)

> For my curiosity, why do you want to install Ubuntu the Mini?

Well, I did think about staying with OS X. But it's replacing my older
Ubuntu machine, used for development and all sorts of miscellaneous
stuff. I have a lot of things I just want to move over and keep using.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

— Jason