using a Laptop 200pin SO-DIMM on a Desktop computer?

Patrick Asselman iceblink at seti.nl
Wed Aug 7 07:21:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-06 23:00, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have 2GB of DDR2 RAM on an old laptop and I'd like to use it on a
> newer desktop computer. I see that there are Laptop 200pin SO-DIMM to
> Desktop 240pin DIMM Memory RAM Adapters available on-line [1], but
> are
> they worth anything? Sometimes they simply indicate that these
> adapters are for testing.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this, in the context of Linux?
> Do
> they work for ordinary day-to-day usage of a computer?
>
> Regards,
> Liviu

You are seriously going to risk buying something on Ebay that
* costs money
* may never arrive
* may not work at all
* may not create a workable PC
* will be difficult to get your money back if it doesnt work
in order to save €25 worth of memory that
* is sure to work
* is sure to create a workable PC
* supports your local economy
* you can get your money back for in case it doesnt work
?

Unless you like fiddling with this stuff, or unless you are a
masochist, just buy a new stick of memory!

My €0,02

Best regards,
Patrick Asselman