using a Laptop 200pin SO-DIMM on a Desktop computer?

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Tue Aug 6 21:41:54 UTC 2013

> When I said "newer" desktop, I misspoke. It's actually a 2nd hand older
motherboard, and both laptop and desktop are DDR2. Would such an adapter
work in this case? For day-to-day usage ?

I've never seen or used the adapters you're talking about. Might be worth a
shot if the prices are low enough. If you do, it would be a good idea to
boot memtest86 from a CD and let the tests run overnight to see how reliable
it is.