printing problems

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 6 21:22:48 UTC 2013

I'm using 12.04 LTS with Mate and an HP Deskjet F4280

I have problems when printing from Firefox. The print job just sits in the
queue and isn't printed.  The last time this happened I got a message in a
terminal window saying:

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.12.2)
HP Device Manager ver. 15.0

WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-GXwXMw/pkcs11:
No such file or directory

Any suggestions on how I deal with this? Obviously I haven't tried all apps
that have a print facility, but I can print from some of them.  For example
I recently printed a long pdf document from evince. It seems to be related
to Firefox.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber