13.10 alpha

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 3 21:25:00 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 03:24:01PM +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 3 August 2013 02:24, Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > It was in the alpha release announcements (and beta 1) for raring, the
> > cycle when the change was made:
> >
> >   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2012-December/000998.html
> >   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2013-February/001015.html
> >   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2013-March/001024.html
> >
> > I don't know to what extent we need to keep on repeating it.
>
> This may shock you, but lots of people /aren't on the developer
> mailing lists./ I am one of them.

Sure, but that's where alpha releases are announced, so if you're
interested in alpha releases then it's not unreasonable to follow it and
I think it's a reasonable place for us to announce changes to alpha
releases.  ubuntu-devel-announce is fairly low-traffic.

> > But I haven't been release-managing any of the alphas - so perhaps
> > either edit the wiki yourself if you still feel it's necessary, or
> > drop a note to the ubuntu-release list?

This point still stands.  I try not to butt in on my colleagues' work
when I don't have to, especially at the weekend. :-)