why ubuntu LTS installs all in a single partition?

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 13:54:52 UTC 2013

Has something changed?  It used to be that a fresh install had an
option for doing more detailed partitioning, and I seem to recall that
I used it when I installed my current Precise LTS as a fresh install.
I sure have a lot of partitions now.  A "df" shows 17 lines excluding
the header and external drives.