why ubuntu LTS installs all in a single partition?

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Fri Aug 2 12:07:59 UTC 2013

>I knew that, for a server, the best think is to partition the disk, at least create partitions for /root, /usr and /var.

>I've installed ubuntu Precise Pangolin for the first time and I see that it install all the system in a single partition.

>Is it a good thing in your opinion?

Ubuntu has done it this way for several versions now, and it’s the way I've always preferred it with all my servers and even my desktop machines. I think it makes maintenance simpler for things like drive imaging and restores, and there's no need to worry about expanding partitions that become full over time.