Inquiry

Amani M. Hamdan amanih at e-receipt.us.com
Tue Apr 30 19:10:45 UTC 2013

Thanks Liam for your reply.
I print to PDF from POS system, I know also gedit has "Print to PDF"
option, but I need virtual PDF printer managed by CUPS to use it from
the POS system.

Best Regards ...

Amani M. Hamdan
Java Developer
retailGreen, Inc.
E-Mail : amanih at e-receipt.us.com
Website : www.e-retailgreen.com
Tel : +962 79 052 4264

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:52:11 +0100, Liam Proven  wrote:

       On 30 April 2013 15:27, Amani M. Hamdan  wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>

> I would like to inquiry about an issue, I googled about it but didn't reach
> solution; I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and I installed cups-pdf using the
> following command
>
> sudo apt-get install cups-pdf
>
> What happens is when printing text file, the generated PDF has embeded fonts
> without encoding, therefore cannot search or copy from the created file.
> What I should do to print PDF files with encoding?

What app are you printing from?

If it's LibreOffice, you don't need cups-pdf - LibreOffice can export
directly to PDF without external help.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: